Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Daily Double 5

Today's prompt: Draw a Ford Model T

Today's drawing: 

So, I knew I wanted this to be cartoony, but I still wanted it to be right, if you know what I mean. So I followed one of the tricks I read in an art book while we were browsing the shelves in Half-price Books today and did this:


I think it worked pretty well. I wonder how to get good at drawing it fifteen times, from different angles, like in an Archie comic. I guess by drawing it a thousand times.

 From the files:

I wasn't drawing a lot things back in the day, but this guy has a lot of fiddly bits on him, so I thought he was an appropriate match. I look at him now and I have a mixed response: it;s not terrible, technically, but it also doesn't have a lot of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment