Monday, July 1, 2013

Daily Double 3

Today's prompt: Draw the Beatles.

Today's drawing: I do need to do something about how these scan.

I'm still not sure that what I am doing is drawing or cartooning. I also still don't know whether I need to focus on learning to draw if I want to cartoon, or whether just steady cartooning will improve my drawing. In any case, what I was trying to go for here was the verve and body language of the animated Saturday morning Beatles show. Not quite there.

From the files:


This is a finished piece instead of just a sketch. There's more detail and a little more "realism," but it's still a cartoon, innit? I like it, though.

Someday I am going to find a nice essay that describes in detail the difference between drawing, sketching, cartooning, and illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment