Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Nountober and contrast

So here's yesterday's Nountober. The words were construction worker, cabin in the woods, and shovel.

When I shared this in my inline open studio, one of my art buddies commented that I "always treat mu characters with tenderness". I am not entirely sure what that meant, but I can't say I didn't like it.

In any case, after getting such positive responses to the Treehouse Detectives pastiche a few days ago, I decided to again with heavier lines - and a little less tenderness?It's a bit of a Gary Larson swipe in the end. Word were teacher, cave, stuffed animal.


I guess one of my goals is to be able to draw in different styles... need to get more cognizant and mindful of just what goes into each style in the first place.

While we're in compare and contrast mode, here's another exercise. I am always hesitant to drop spot blacks n clothing,thinking I will lose definition and wrinkles and whatnot, so I tresd it with this boxing guy.

Still not sure what is gained or loss in the transition.

Onward and upward!



No comments:

Post a Comment