Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Nountober

So, October is the time for Inktober, an event in which participants, working from a published list of prompts, create an ink drawing each day of the month and share with the community. Unfortunately, the event and its creator have been fraught with controversy, leading some folks to branch off into Ink-tober, INKTtober(for tattoo-inspired art) and even more variations on Drawtober, including Creamtober, Witchtober, Monstober, Darktober, Plastober, Flufftober... well, you get the idea. Each event has its own set of prompts, but the overarching model is just to create art, daily if possible, and share.

Well, I decided to create my own [fill-in-the-blank]-tober challenge, and this was born: Nountober!

I fashioned the prompt engine pictured above with the help of my ever-loving boon companion, Coco, the Wonder Wife. She created 31 cards with Persons, 31 with Places, and 31 with Things. Each day, I pull a card from each receptacle and create a drawing that includes all the elements. It's the fifth of the month today, and so far I have completed four drawing from the engine (I took my birthday off).

I have been struggling about where to post, besides on my comics community site. They are one-panel stand-alones, and I usually just post those on the Instagram. But the drawings  I have being making have been in all different aspect ratios, and some of them just don't fit on Insta.  So maybe posting  a detail on Insta and the full image here makes sense. I guess I'll figure that out.

In any case, here are all four Nountober drawings.

Firefighter, desert, clock:


Tennis player, arcade, motorcycle:


Gymnast, skyscraper, ice cream cone:


Lifeguard, sandy beach, anchor:


No comments:

Post a Comment